LEAN AND GREEN BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOATS
OPTAVIA Counts per Serving:
- 1 Lean
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 3 Green
- 1 Condiment
- Difficulty – Easy
- Servings – 4
- Cooking Time – 45 MINUTES
- Prep Time – 30 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS FOR LEAN AND GREEN BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOATS
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 18 oz cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1½ cups shredded cabbage
- 4 oz reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp reduced-fat ranch dressing
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEAN AND GREEN BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOATS
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare the spaghetti squash; cut each squash in half, and remove seeds and pulp strands. Place each spaghetti squash half face down on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork. When squash is fully cooked, flip in the baking dish so that it is now skin-side down. Lightly scrape flesh with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands; measure out 4 cups of squash and save any extra for a later meal. Place spaghetti squash shells back on the baking sheet, and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 4 cups of cooked squash with remaining ingredients.
- Stuff each spaghetti squash shell with half of the mixture, and place baking sheet back in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Per Serving: 400 calories | 49g protein | 18g carbohydrate | 13g fat
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Andrea Argy is a Michigan State University graduate with over 20 years of experience in corporate America. Today, she is a Manifestation, Mentor, and Weight Loss Coach, breaking conventional norms by leaving her office life behind to travel full-time across the United States in an RV. Her mission is to help others achieve mental and physical wellness, empowering them to manifest their dreams and create healthier lives.