Recap of My September Goals: A Month of Michigan Magic
September was nothing short of extraordinary, as I embarked on a journey back to my home state of Michigan. From the very first day of the month, it was clear that this September would be a chapter to remember, filled with meaningful moments, joyous reunions, and personal milestones.
1. Family Reunions and Quality Time: My primary goal for September was to reconnect with my family, and it turned out to be an incredible success. Each day was a new adventure spent with different family members, creating cherished memories that will last a lifetime. Whether it was cheering on our beloved Michigan State University football team to a victorious start of the season or sharing laughter over dinners, we maximized our time together.
2. Exploring Michigan’s Beauty: I made the most of Michigan’s natural beauty, from serene kayaking trips on tranquil lakes to exploring the vibrant streets of Detroit. These experiences allowed me to appreciate the diversity of my home state and the unique charm it holds.
3. Cultural and Musical Delights: The month was not just about outdoor adventures but also cultural enrichment. Attending the Smashing Pumpkins concert added a musical note to my September, reminding me of the power of live performances to stir the soul.
4. Celebrating Health and Wellness: On a personal note, my birthday in September marked the beginning of my 47th “new year,” and it was especially significant. I celebrated it 35 pounds lighter than the previous year, a testament to my commitment to health and wellness. Feeling fantastic physically and emotionally was the best gift I could give myself.
I also invested in myself and healing by meeting with a hypnotherapist and had 2 amazing sessions that have helped me making valuable progress in healing old trauma.
5. Cherishing Traditions: The month also allowed me to revisit some cherished traditions, like fall decor shopping and exploring the intriguing histories of old cemeteries. These activities connected me to the past and added depth to my journey.
6. Love and Family: To top it all off, I had the honor of attending my cousin’s wedding, a celebration of love and family that underscored the importance of the bonds we share.
September was a month of fulfillment, growth, and gratitude. It served as a reminder that setting intentions can lead to remarkable experiences and personal achievements. As I look back on the month with a heart full of joy and appreciation, I can’t help but carry this momentum forward into October, determined to make the most of the last quarter of the year.
The Power of Intentions: Setting the Course for Your October
Setting intentions is about mindfully directing our focus and energy toward desired qualities rather than specific outcomes. Unlike traditional goal-setting, intentions are process-oriented, open-ended, and values-driven.
- Mindfulness: Intentions make us more aware of our desires and values, grounding us in the present.
- Process Focus: They emphasize the journey, leading to a more fulfilling experience.
- Flexibility: Intentions adapt to changing circumstances.
Differences from Goals:
- Less Outcome-Oriented: Intentions focus on qualities, not specific results.
- Open-Ended: They guide ongoing personal growth.
- Values Alignment: Intentions align with our core values.
- Enhanced Focus: Intentions reduce distractions, boosting productivity.
- Increased Motivation: They provide purpose and drive.
- Self-Awareness: Intentions prompt self-reflection.
- Emotional Well-Being: They reduce stress and anxiety.
- Values Alignment: Intentions ensure actions match our values.
Setting intentions empowers us to live more purposefully, fostering mindfulness, adaptability, and alignment with our authentic selves.
My Monthly Goals for October
- Daily 12 minute guided meditation (on going homework from my 2 Hypnotherapy sessions in September)
- Journal each morning to set the tone for my day and affirm what I want to set out to be.
- Gratitude – conclude each day with listing 5 things I’m grateful for each day before bed.
- Intentional movement 5 days of the week (walking daily for mental clarity and to connect with nature, and 30 mins of strength training).
- Be in bed by 10:30 PM. Sleep 8 hours a night.
- Spend 30 mins before bed NOT looking at my phone and reading a book each evening.
- Soberish October – limit alcohol to only Friday and Saturdays
- Nails – grow my finger nails out – no biting or peeling them off.
- Post at least once a week on my blog for October
- Start weekly FB live videos on Mondays for a “Healthy Living Tip with Andrea”
- Coach 5 new clients on nutrition and mindset
Ideas for setting Your Own Fall Intentions and Practices
Autumn, often referred to as fall, is a season of transformation. It symbolizes the inevitable cycles of life—birth, growth, decay, and rebirth. The falling leaves remind us that change is both natural and necessary. This season teaches us that letting go of what no longer serves us can create space for new beginnings, much like the trees shedding their leaves to prepare for rejuvenation in the spring.
The cooler temperatures invite us to seek warmth in cozy sweaters, hot beverages, and the embrace of loved ones. Autumn is a time for gathering, whether it’s around a crackling bonfire, a Thanksgiving table, or simply under a blanket with a good book. It encourages us to reconnect with the comforts of home and the people who matter most.
Embracing Autumn’s Energy:
Nature Walks: Take leisurely walks in parks or wooded areas to immerse yourself in the breathtaking fall foliage. Witness the beauty of leaves falling gracefully to the ground, reminding us of the impermanence of all things.
Seasonal Foods: Embrace the season’s flavors by indulging in apple cider, pumpkin spice treats, and hearty stews. Cooking or baking with autumn ingredients can be a soothing and creative outlet.
Reflect and Let Go: Use this season of change as an opportunity for personal reflection. What habits or beliefs are you ready to shed like the leaves of the trees? What new possibilities await you?
Autumn Activities: Participate in traditional autumn activities like apple picking, carving pumpkins, or visiting a corn maze. These activities connect us to the traditions of the season.
Cozy Hygge Moments: Embrace the Danish concept of “hygge,” which celebrates comfort, coziness, and the simple joys of life. Light candles, snuggle up with a blanket, and savor the present moment.
Express Gratitude: Autumn is an ideal time to practice gratitude. Each day, take a moment to reflect on the blessings in your life. Gratitude can help you find contentment and joy in the midst of change.
Photograph the Beauty: Capture the essence of autumn by taking photographs of the changing landscape. These snapshots can serve as reminders of the season’s fleeting beauty.
Autumn’s energy is one of transition, reflection, and transformation. By embracing the season and its unique qualities, we can find solace in the rhythm of change, deepen our connection with nature, and create meaningful moments that warm our hearts as the days grow colder. As we welcome autumn into our lives, let us remember that within its embrace lies the promise of renewal and the magic of the seasons yet to come.